Friday, August 22, 2008

All better

  • current
I'm back at home the first thing I did was to fall sick. But by today I think I'm in tip top form. I spent the week catching up with the brothers, spending time with the parents, meeting up with a few friends, etc. Started looking at apartments, but now there's a chance I'll be in Saint Paul, another Al Futtaim venture ... I think I'd rather spend my time in Madison. Well at least most of it.
I'm still adjusting to the time zones, which means I can't stay awake past 11PM and wake up every morning at 6 or 7. It's actually great to be awake in the morning, especially this time of year. The morning is the coolest time of day and the park is completely green. Grady and Ian have started their practices for soccer and >cc>, in fact I caught Grady getting ready this morning.


  • listening
went to the best place ever, strictly discs, and picked up some santogold (self titled) and lykke li (youth novels). waiting on some ratatat and tricky to come in. i'm excited to have a decent music shop around again ...


  • reading
How to Make Friends and Oppress People: Classic Travel Advice for the Gentleman Adventurer.

It's 19th century travel advice from various british gents, pretty great.

  • watching
lost & CSI. With the fam. Got hooked on Lost with the cuz in Jordan and CSI has always been a classic.
  • news
Scott and Sonia came thru today on their way to a Joanna Newsome concert in Chicago.
I took them to the Med Cafe and it was grrreat. Showed them around the city, but it was a pretty brief visit.

Next week I'm going up to the cabin with some of my friends from Mac. we're gonna be up there for a realll long weekend and I am pretty excited. I might also come thru Saint Paul for a bit, but I dunno how long? kinda depends on some other stuff going on (aka maybe another "job")

  • end
mik is going to oberlin on monday so tonight we are going out for the classic family dinner. I think Adeline and Homewrecker will be there so it should be pretty classic. Too bad base will miss out.

No comments: