Monday, July 28, 2008

back in the USA ... eventually

  • current

i've returned to dubai from paris. took a nap this afternoon (5 to 9 pm, whups) which has amplified my jetlag. wrote a paper for work tonight. [editor's note. as i finish this entry i am forced to point out that i am suffering the consequences of the light nap. it is 5 in the morning and i don't think i will sleep tonight]

still no computer. the service center here sent it to europe for repair, now it's there waiting for a part. the computer i am using is my roommate's and doesn't have the processing capacity to deal with pictures, so those will have to wait.

i've just a short time left in dubai, until i move on to my next destination (yet to be decided). the choices are jordan, pakistan, usa, and anywhere else. i have to wait a few days to receive my stipend and then i will start booking tixxx.

our final presentation is this wednesday, and our preparation is still in its infancy (honestly it's younger, still just a twinkle in my eye...) the head honcho, however, is now in paris and may not return in time for our presentation. this is frustrating because, the whole purpose of this internship is to instill a sense of business responsibility in academic youths. but if our role model (presumably the CEO) is not modeling good behavior, well then however are we to learn?

  • news

i think it will be easiest to share with you excerpts of my journal...from france. from here. whenever. I keep a journal and a blog because the process and product of writing are significantly more rewarding than the output of typing. i can reach more of you, however, via typing.

JULY 20
Sunday in Paris. Slept in LATE today. til 12 and didn't leave the hotel until 2:30. The hotel is at the Saint Paul metro near le Marais and la Bastille. It's a good neighborhood. Lots of restaurants, markets, and shops. It's on Rivoli and we can walk to Pompidou and the Louvre with no problem.

We went to the Louvre, saw the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, Venus de Milo, plus an open statue area that I had never visited before. We went to check email and buy tix for the underground train to London, but they were too $BANK$. We went to Pompidou next. I was worried because I was sick of it last time. But I walked thru backwards and it had some new rooms.
"Is that Jeff Bloomin?"
Basically it was more exciting that I expected. Then we came back towards St. Paul and had sushi for din-din. The maki was soso but the crab & mango cali rolls were delicious.

We came back to the hotel for a refresher and then walked thru the wondrously winding
streets of la Bastille (mostly w/bars and restaurants)full of young peeps - even @ 11pm on a Sunday!

It's a lot of fun being with Casey and Michael, telling each other jokes from the Office & Tim and Eric Awesome Show, checking out each others' newest fashion sense & whateva. Paris is to me everything that Dubai isn't - a city with history, museums, architecture, new fashion, very beautiful people, neighborhoods to walk thru, etc!

and the weather today was perfect.

JULY
22
u nvr axd me, "()"

I want some juice, with ice. My own room, my friends, a cinema, money, a bagel with cream cheese, turkey, spinach, and cheddar. SPACE TIME PURPOSE ACTIVITY POWER INFLUENCE ATTENTION


cramped


  • end
this is, in fact, jeff bloomin. in case any of you wondered.

i have more things to tell you, about Dubai and work today and some books. But I have a lot of morning in front of me.

3 comments:

Hannah Gelder said...

Il faut venir au Sénégal!! Viens decrouvir l'afrique de l'ouest un peu. :) I'd gladly be your guide around these parts.

Anyway, I couldn't agree more with you about the process of keeping a journal. Way more satisfying than typing a blog, but alas it's nice to share your experiences with anyone and everyone en masse.

Good luck with the end of your time la-bas and bonne voyage!

michael said...

that's jeff goldblum

Casey said...

jeff goldbluman group